Monday 10 March 2014

Hopes for a Colourful Summer

Spring is springing very slowly indeed. There's still a thick layer of snow on the ground but is is melting, slowly. There's nothing we can do to hurry it along so better just get on with the next best thing to an actual real spring... planting seeds!


1: Heated Greenhouse   2: Five days after germination    3: Seedlings potted on
So I made a start. I was after some heating mats for seedlings and I found a "Heated Professional Greenhouse" by Jiffy. I liked it because it had all the goodies to go with it: the heating mat, the seedling tray, 72 little peat soil pellets as well as a clear cover.


I've not used a heating mat to help germinate seed before so I was keen to find out how well they worked. I popped in some Zinnia (Enchantress Rose) seeds, followed all the instructions for planting, covered it and inspected every day.

You would never believe my total surprise when I spied germination on the THIRD day! Haha, spring is indeed springing!!



No comments:

Post a Comment